Matrix247 is a very exciting company to work for having established a 30-year track record with an outstanding presence in the telecoms, data comms and mobile comms market place whilst recently complementing this capability with the acquisition of an IT Managed Service and Digital Print Service business.
With a particular emphasis in some exciting vertical markets, a performance track record and a strategy for growth an exciting opportunity for the right individual to develop their career has been created.
The Role – Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Digital Print Manager, this is a new position where engagement and communication with the team is an integral part of the role.
- Configuration and installation of new machines
- Progressive maintenance
- Responsible for servicing, maintaining and emergency repairs on photocopiers that are situated at customer sites
- Identifying problems, repairing, or replacing damaged components, reassembling equipment, re-installing software, and testing the repairs
- Minimum of 2 years of exposure in a similar role.
- Ideally experience of the education sector.
- Experienced in working with SME’s and Corporate Clients.
- A wide knowledge of the industry and a strong understanding of the full range of technology on the market and how it is used within the vertical markets targeted.
- A natural communicator both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations.
- Engage with each member of the team and gain respect.
- A can-do attitude.
- Fully experienced in repair of copier machines.
- Fully experienced in servicing of copier machines.
- Fully experienced in training, installation local networking of machines.
- Experience of Konica Minolta, Olivetti, Epson, full colour and mono A3 photocopiers.
- Multifunction desktop A4 machines, HP, Kyocera printers etc.
- Experience of lifting heavy equipment.
Aspiration and Motivation
- Enjoy being part of a team.
- Pleasure from over achievement of targets and objectives for potential reward.
- Able to commit.
- Excited by the opportunity for potential career development and additional responsibility within a growing company.
- Able and willing to work additional hours, sometimes at short notice.
- Ability to handle stress and pressure from interface with end users, third parties and other staff members.
- Ability to be responsible and accountable.
- Holidays are 20 days per year plus Bank Holidays – an additional day’s holiday is accrued for each full year worked up to a maximum of 25 days in the first 5 years. A maximum of 30 days holiday can be achieved through time-served long-service additional days accumulated.
- Staff Pension.
- Health Insurance.
- Long service awards and time-served bonus’
Standard hours of work are 08.30am to 17:30pm Monday to Thursday & Friday 08:30am to 17:00pm
However, the job holder may be expected to work outside these hours on occasion to ensure the completion of any outstanding work
Ideally candidates would live within 40 minutes commuting distance of Matrix House in Haslingden, Rossendale, Lancashire and will have access to their own transport. Agile remote working is also available.
Job Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Salary: £20,000+ per year depending on experience.
Company vehicle provided.